I’ll update this before it gets posted on Varsity Blue tomorrow, hopefully with a better idea of who’s pitching. -FA
Since midweek games now mean absolutely nothing toward the Michigan campaign to reach the NCAA tournament, they will start getting less coverage. This week we face off with Central Michigan Chippewas (the first of two Indian tribes visiting Ann Arbor this week), who, like most other midweek games we’ve played this season, are not supposed to be that good.
Weather for the game appears to be a mass improvement over the start of the week:
Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 52F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
West winds means straight in from right. Don’t look for too many to carry over the Blue Brick Monster.
For Central Michigan
My guess for starter is last week’s midweek guy, freshman lefty Rick Dodridge, who just came off his career best start.
The win over Wayne State was good enough to win MAC Western Division Pitcher of the Week. The CMU sports information directors haven’t released the probable pitchers for the week, so I’m going to guess this guy.
Things to note about CMU:
- Their batters walk… alot. They currently rank 16th in the nation.
- Their pitchers strike out plenty of batters. They rank 60th with 8Ks/9IP.
- They rank top 100 also in: Runs Scored (not runs per game however), Stolen Bases, Sac Bunts, and Double Plays (not DPs per game however).
- Nate Theunissen is their power hitter with 28 RBI, 5 HR, 2 3B, and 5 2B (.621 slugging).
- Billy Anderson and Rhett Goodmiller get on base a lot. Anderson is the stolen base threat.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sinnery or Wood start this game. Sinnery did see some action this weekend, so he may miss his start in favor of Wood. As of yet, the SID hasn’t announced the probables, so your guess is as good as mine.
It’s a Wednesday game, which can only mean one thing: MICHIGAN BASEBALL BINGO NIGHT! As per MGoBlue.com:
Wednesday, April 8, vs. Central Michigan, 6:05 p.m.
• Michigan Baseball Bingo — All fans in attendance will receive a Michigan baseball bingo card. The first five BINGO winners will receive a great Michigan prize!
I have no idea how they’re doing it, but get yourself out to the game and win “a great Michigan prize!” Go Blue!